Friday 17 September 2010

Well...I'm back...

So far so good...2nd day of blogging, doing well so far!

Today was the 2nd day of the SkillsCymru careers fair in Cardiff. I didn't think there was as many people there as yesterday but we still had a good presence at the stand and the napkin folding seemed be the most popular activity today, we ran out of paper napkins!

Again, it was nice to see people I don't see very often and to chat about all that is happening in education in Wales. I even saw Esther Rantzen giving a talk, but couldn't stop to listen as I was on my way back from lunch, she is a lot smaller than I imagined.

After the event ended I went for a walk into the centre and had a look for linen feel napkins...no joy...so Sian was stopping at the supermarket on her way home to pick some  up. I don't think I have said just how good Sian is, she is an absolute godsend and is the gel that keeps us all together at NGfL-Cymru!

Dave is on his way down to Cardiff and it sounds like he's having a bit of a nightmare journey with holdups from tractors, accidents and stopping for fuel. He is in Newport as I type this so he shouldnt' be too long now. We are hoping to go out for a meal and a drink later, not sure where yet but there is certainly no shortage of places to go in Cardiff. Tomorrow night is reserved for La Tasca, one of my favourite places.

I had a snack in O'Neills before I came back to the hotel, I love the ambience in there and we always use O'Neills in Covent Garden when we go to London. The food is excellent value for money and it is one of the few places where you can buy Guiness Red on draught.

Signing off for now, not much to report for today....

2 comments: